How Much Does it Cost to Repair a Garage Door
Garage Door Repair Costs Will Be Influenced by a Variety of Situational Factors
As many homeowners have undoubtedly experienced when they have tried to obtain a specific cost to repair an appliance or a feature of their home, the answer is quite often the same – it depends. Although it would indeed be helpful for the homeowner to know exactly how much the service will cost, so that they may plan/budget for the work, there are often conditions or circumstances that will impact the eventual price.
Perhaps the only certainty in these situations is this: the most expensive repairs will be those that are not performed soon enough, ignored altogether, and/or not done properly when they finally are addressed. Such procrastination and/or shoddy workmanship can result in unnecessary added expense and even the premature replacement of the item.
With respect to their garage door, there can be many reasons why Toronto homeowners will need to call a repair service. Such causes might include:
- Simple aging of the door
- Worn/broken parts/hardware
- Exposure to weather extremes
- Damage from accident or malice
- General neglect/lack of maintenance
Subsequently, and in addition to the type and extent of garage door repair work needed, there are particular characteristics to any door that can and will impact the costs of the service calls. Said in less eloquent terms, garage doors are not all created equal.
The most influential of these characteristics on the cost of garage door repairs include:
- Garage Door Style
- Carriage house doors may be more expensive to repair than sectionals
- Custom-made doors can be more labor-intensive than standard doors
- Garage Door Material
- Wood or glass panel doors could prove more difficult than steel/aluminum
- Thicker/insulated doors will likely be more costly than non-insulated doors
- Garage door openers, window inserts, decorative hardware may add cost
- Replacement of weather stripping, aluminum capping will be an extra cost
- Quality of Parts
- Lower-grade materials will often be cheaper (at least in the shorter-term)
- Type of Finish
- Painting, staining, refinishing may be required to restore the aesthetic appeal
As with most types of repair services, parts and labor costs for garage door repairs can vary depending on the particular situation as well as the business practices of the service provider. Markham Garage Doors has been recognized as a reliable and award-winning garage door repair provider in Toronto and the GTA, willing to prepare detailed written quotes for any and all types of repair services before any work is undertaken.
Comprehensive Garage Door Repair Service throughout Toronto and the GTA
Markham Garage Doors offers repair service for all makes and models of garage doors. The trained technicians from Markham Garage Doors understand the inconvenience and frustration that can result from a malfunctioning or non-functioning door and therefore make every effort to complete any repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible without compromising the quality of their work.
This service includes:
- Prompt response to service requests
- A thorough assessment of the situation
- Presentation of all repair needs and options
- Accurate quotes – for necessary repairs only
- Professional expertise and fast, friendly service
What this service does not include are unexpected or unforeseen surprises that will result in overruns beyond the quoted cost and/or extensions to the inconvenience of having a non-operational garage door.
If your garage door will not operate properly or has damage that requires repair, call the specialists at Markham Garage Doors today at (905) 472-9178 or (416) 570-3667 to schedule a service visit and obtain a no-obligation quote at your earliest convenience.