Things To Consider When Looking For A Garage Door Replacement
For many people, replacing your garage door is a situation that may take place only once or perhaps twice during an entire lifetime of home ownership. This, of course, means that knowledge and personal experience in buying garage doors will be extremely limited and that recent advancements in materials and/or technology may have simply gone unnoticed.
Therefore, when homeowners begin the purchasing process, they may (will) be surprised to learn that garage doors can be:
- Found in many different colors
- Made from several different types of materials
- Insulated to varying degrees
- Installed with a variety of opening-and-closing mechanisms
- Somewhat expensive, depending on combinations of the above
This process can be further complicated when homeowners also need to consider:
- The primary function of the garage (parking, storage, workshop)
- Seasonal swings in weather conditions in Toronto
- How well garage doors will agree with the exterior décor of the home
Based on the above, it is easy to see that there are indeed several factors to consider for a garage door replacement for your Toronto home – and many of the specific details have yet to be examined!
Important Details And Aspects To Assess When Buying Garage Doors
Once the potentially overwhelming nature of buying a garage door replacement has passed, it becomes important to delve into the specific options and aspects that will ultimately influence the final purchasing decision.
Here are some of the critical elements and details that should be thoroughly examined:
- Canopy, rollers, sectional, or side-hinged (perhaps an automatic door opener?)
- Focus: Clearance space in the garage ceiling and in the driveway
- Wood, steel, aluminum, or fiberglass
- Focus: Garage door weight and durability for extreme weather conditions
- Should be based on the type of insulating material and its associated R-value
- Focus: Main purpose of the garage and whether or not it is attached to the home
- Account for exposure to various seasons and potential for weathering
- focus: Cost over time versus installation cost of maintenance-free garage doors
- Consider family/personal safety and protection of contents and valuables
- Focus: Primary function of the garage and secondary access to the home
One additional consideration, for which you may choose to seek the professional insight and expertise of a reputable garage door company, such as Markham Garage Doors, as it relates to the reliability and quality offered by various garage door manufacturers.
Markham Garage Doors is pleased to promote and install garage doors manufactured by Clopay, one of the leading suppliers in North America. Clopay garage doors offer durability and dependability in a variety of materials, colors, and operating mechanisms that are certain to meet your specific needs and preferences.
For more information on the wide variety of garage doors that can be installed in your home by the professionals from Markham Garage Doors, call us today at (905) 472-9178 or (416) 570-3667, or feel free to stop by our expansive showroom at 176 Bullock Drive, Unit 11, in Markham.
Also, feel free to browse through our gallery of professional garage door installations completed by Markham Garage Doors.